Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A whole new life...

When I found out I was expecting a new baby, I was choked with joy. I know it is a grace to see that this whole new life inside of me is nothing short of a miracle. I don't know if it has fully hit me yet! Not until I was driving home with Gabriel from the hospital did I realize the great gift that had just been given to me. It is hard for me to grasp! It still seems somewhat surreal to me, that in about 7 months, I will have sweet little hands and toes to kiss and care for.  It comforts me to know that God already knows every detail of my son or daughter's personhood- the way they will laugh, the color of their hair, and the passions that will grow in their heart. God knew that there was a place in this family for a new life.


I know there will never be another Gabriel. He has captured mommy and daddy's heart. It is hard to fathom having another one we will love just as much! We can only patiently wait:) But just as Gabriel has taught us a great deal about the unconditional love of God, this child inside will teach us great lessons and grow our hearts.



3 comments:

  1. OH ANNA!!!, congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you and Gabe. How exciting.
    With every child and every stage of parenthood....every minute actually, your heart just expands. 'Tis the miracle of life!....for both child and parent.
    God.Is.Great!!!!!......all the time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautifully put Anna! everything I am also feeling, just not able to put it as wonderfully as you. :) Cant wait to meet Gabe's little brother or sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, your blog was just precious. You really captured how I/We are feeling, too. I feel the same about Wyatt-how can I possibly love this next one as much? But, we know that love will instantly come when we meet the new one:) Thanks for your comment on my blog. You know what that special moment is like at the end when they tell you what it is...it is priceless. I am pretty torn because I want Weston to get things his way, too. Last time, I got it my way, and so I am trying to be considerate...We will see:/ Love you girl, and so excited to read your blog about pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete